Thursday 1 August 2013

Cutting Chai

The Legen....wait for it... dary silver grey aluminium kettle and cutting chai takes me back to my college and mba days when a refreshing 'chai ki pyali' did wonders at any odd time of the day and night. I could never ever forget the Ram bhai's Ketli popularly known as "Ketli" just outside the IIM Ahmedabad campus which used to be the favourite hang out place with friends. Besides Chai it was also the Sutta joint for many; as true for other chai wallah stalls.

The maggi and anda bhurji served at the ketli near my hostel have come across as saviours several times for hungry souls, like me and am sure many, who feel hungry at all the odd hours. And coupling it with cutting masala chai was like the cherry on the cake. Somethings never change like that typical aluminium kettle tea served at every chai wallah near you doesn't change...thank god!!Just love that style. I still haven't lost touch with that kettle not even in my art and also during my break time at the chai wallah at workplace.


Cutting Chai
Cutting Chai

14 comments :

  1. Cutting Chai--I love Chai so much and usually have like 10 cups a day...BTW Nice Painting.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The memories you cherish about chai and the artistic depiction of the kettle are both appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice painting....I love cutting chai...am an addict :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot...same here i too just love cutting chai and infact having one right now! :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Simply can't stop admiring the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IIM Ahemdabad management graduate and a painter of class.. speaks a lot about you dear friend .. this is for the first time I know an IIM passout with talents of painting !! Nice to know you :)

    ReplyDelete